Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What exactly is Andy doing in India?

I have work responsibilities! After six weeks of being in this country and five weeks of bloody orientation I am finally trusted to actually produce work. I have two very exciting projects.

First one (which will probably consume the majority of my time), has two main components that I will be coordinating with the intention of using this as the foundation building phase of an in-coming grant, so that when the monies are awarded the project can go straight to implementation.
  1. To assist the Adolescent Resource Center (ARC) to integrate HIV activities into their existing youth reproductive health programs.

  2. Assist the ARC develop a methodology to shift some of their programs from direct service provision to youth, to developing leadership skills among youth for them to become advocates for their Sexual/Reproductive Health needs.
Second, facilitate a process for expanding CINI’s (as an entire agency) concept of sex and sexuality beyond just “boy and girl coming together to make babies”. Will probably be forming an intra-agency workgroup to come up with common definitions for related terms and do some training about the topic.

All in all, not bad! The work excites me and it will definitely keep me busy. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

ekGreer said...

Sounds very fabulous and exciting. Good for you.

Themadi said...

it sounds very fabulous indeed! I can't think of a more perfect person to do this...