Thursday, October 27, 2005

Just a boring update

Life has entered the realm of the mundane. I have finally moved into my flat. Slowly trying get all settled in. Totally loving the new place. It's conveniently located, spacious, has a water heater and water filter. I have my own bathroom. Overall, can't complain. Just need to get the gas delivered so that I can have a working stove.

Work has slowed down again. I've drafted up a proposed workplan to negotiate with my director as well as get some clarification on what exactly I'm supposed to accomplish while I'm here, but she has been visiting the field offices in other states and I can't move forward until she approves it. Thankfully once that's hashed out I will be able to be fairly independent.

Other than that, still tyring to find my groove. I started my bengali (bangla) lessons. It's hard!! and the teacher is all hung-up on me learning the script and grammar rules. Ugh! But i guess it will be useful in the end.

Still meeting people. Have made a couple of friends, but still looking to beef-up my social life. I'm thinking of joining the hash, but not sure yet. The thought of group running every saturday sounds eeww.

Next week I have a friend visiting. So I will get to explore the city more and take some new pics to post. In the mean time. I eagerly await news from home. How is everybody doing? Keep me posted!

Much love always.

1 comment:

Ameet said...

"I'm thinking of joining the hash" ..

... what's that?? Are you having too much fun in Kolkata? ;)