Monday, October 31, 2005

How do you say "Move Over Martha Stewart" in Bengali!?

If I am permitted to brag...my first dinner party in India was a resounding success. Dinner was tasty (though it still did not have that true puertorican taste - mother I need sofrito!) Dessert was outstanding (something to be said for fresh fruit and dairy products). The chicken after the initial trauma of the purchase was Dee-LICIOUS! Though I had to make up for its lack of skin by...Gasp...battering, it still came out pretty darn good (so good that even the vegetarian was eyeing a piece).

But the best part (aside from the ice cold mango juice with vodka and guava juice with rum) was the company. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere full of fun lively conversation. And surprising to me, instead of helping me start building a sense of "settling in", it only helped to make me miss my friends more. It reminded me of all the wonderful times I have had with my friends.

All in all, I can't wait to have more get togethers. But for now I will wait till I get my gas canister. This cooking on a one burner camping stove thing is SO not fun. And I really wish I had an oven!

Below are the results of over-eating. I, of course, cooked way to much (out of my fear of leaving anyone hungry - must be a brown thing) so after way too many helpings of rice, beans and chicken and the result was total food coma.

"Who wants to go clubbing!?" "You are so on your own on that one."

Sujeet - Doesn't this seat recline!?

Avo - Thank god I'm small and can just curl myself in here and go to sleep.

Andy - I've been slaving away in the kitchen all night, someone better come fan me now!!

Margarette - Oh yyeeaahh it was good!

Karan - Why are you bothering me!? I'm digesting!! Is there any dessert left?

2 comments:

Ameet said...

All I can say is .. nice apartment, you lucky b* :P

Alex H. said...

don't they have corn flakes in India so you can make a delicious batter?