Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Theater Experience

So last night in my quest to be all cultured and shit. I went to this play/puppet show/storytelling thingy. Though it was put on by the French Association of Calcutta it was a story of the Gita recited by an German/Italian guy...don't ask, it's suspect already.

Everyone who knows me knows that I try not to be judgemental (I fail miserably at it, but I at least try), but this performance was strangely (not sure if in a bad way or a good way) captivating. It was basically the Italian/German guy narrating a story from the Gita (which one I have no clue I go SO lost) using this stick figure, puppet, sculpture things...sure why not.

Over all it wasn't bad, the story telling was actually pretty good. The medium is what really got me. I got so lost in the forest of knee-high, stick figure, sculpture things. Aaron - You would have loved it!!

No comments: