Sunday, January 28, 2007

Visited Countries

The fabulous people at World 66 have created a fun tool that lets you map out how many countries you have visited and which percentage of the world is that. I have visited 23 countries, which is 10% (actually I will actually be visiting South Africa in March, but I figured it would be OK to add it now - hope its not cheating). More than some, less than others. But still not bad considering I'm a puertorican from an average family.


create your own visited country map

In this day and age of globalization, I think we forget sometimes just how big the world has a:
Surface area: 510,065,600 km²
Land area: 148,939,100 km² (29.2 %)
Water area: 361,126,400 km² (70.8 %)

That it is composed of:
As of late 2006, the world population reached 6.5 billion.[1]. These are grouped into racial and ethnic groups often classified along linguistic lines: Ethnologue lists about 7,330 main languages in its language name index and distinguishes about 39,491 alternate language names and dialects.

So where does globalization fit into this picture. I for one, just want to try to explore it all, see it all, experience it all before I run out of time. It's a big world outhere.

5 comments:

Tony said...

visited 129 countries (57%)

Edward Ott said...

That is cool going to have to try it out myself. does it count if i only had a layover at the airport?

Anonymous said...

I have visited 25 countries (11%). I think I should get extra credit for going to Belgium so much.

I need to stop going to Europe and start going to the Americas and Africa. And Asia more.

Ameet said...

Ok - this is definitely geekier than my geekiest post.

And what were you doing in Finland?

Andy said...

I don't think it's geeky, I think It's educational :-P

That's not Finland, that's Sweden. I went there for a few days when I was living in London.

And I don't think airport layovers count or we would have to count embassies also :-)