Friday, February 02, 2007

It Could Have Been Worse!

The ever bubbly Erin pointed out that whatever happened to my lip "hey it could have been worse." Which I guess it's true. But I just don't really feel it when I look at the mirror and see a giant scar splitting my lip in two (it looks like a have a mini-butt on my bottom lip).

Then Erin sends me this article:
http://dlisted.com/2007/01/25/pete-burns-sue-for-botched-lips/

And I said, yep it could have been worse. At least I still have lips!

Anthony had mentioned Pete Burn's botched lip job, but I really had no clue what he was talking about. I just smiled and nodded.

So, now a week a way from the date the docs said I would be fully healed, it does not look like my lip will be back to normal. It honestly doesn't look that bad. But my vanity prevails as I remember what my lip USED to look like. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry. :-( It is a pretty prime piece of real estate on anyone's face. I can understand how you must feel...

Tony said...

But you're still you ... and that's why you've so many friends that care for you ... not 'cos you have 'nice lips'

Ph, and exactly how often to you just 'smile and nod' to what I have to say? Huh? Huh?

Florizel said...

I'm sure they can fix it....

You might even qualify for operation Smile... being in the third world and all.

http://www.operationsmile.org/

But you might be too old, but they can fix anyting now a days.

When do we get a photo of the healing process, since the last image you left us with was still pretty horrifing...

ekGreer said...

I'm bubbly??

I hope I didnt sound dismissive about the whole thing. It sucks. But you seem to be handling it well and look, it makes your friends express their undying love to you. Have I mentioned my undying love for you?