Tuesday, February 06, 2007

On Male Models

Has everyone out there seen Zoolander? Well, My life has became part of that movie :-( or maybe :-) depending on perspective.

In November, my friend Asif needed a place to crash temporarily.

In December, he started paying rent.

Keep in mind that I have a 1 bedroom apartment and he's a straight single male.

Sweet as pie, adorable as a teddy bear, hot as fuck, not the brightest bulb in the box.

Now the living room belongs to him. We share a bathroom. And I have to put up with comments like "You know Andy, you could be really hot if you worked out" or my current favorite "Have you gained weight, you look kinda fat." Sigh. The sad part is he really doesn't mean anything by it. He's just being friendly.

Here I am trying to work on my self-esteem issues and I have this guy walking around in his underwear.

The cool part is that I get to go to all the fun parties in Bombay. But to be honest that gets really old, really fast, and I just don't have the energy for it anymore.

So for now, I just smile and nod, help him with his English. Teach him how to do laundry and wash dishes on your own (unlike most Indian households we don't have help). And for the most part enjoy the company.

He's a nice guy even if he doesn't have any body fat, but I guess they can't all be perfect.

6 comments:

Florizel said...

Is the photo Asif? Or just a stock photo of random male model?

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Wow.

Tony said...

Ah bless :-) Just get him trained on the housework & he will be a perfect flatmate!

Ameet said...

That's like your vainest post ever :-P

Andy said...

For the record - YES those are actually pictures of Asif.

Manu said...

Fantastic cheekbones (among other things!!)