Monday, August 28, 2006

Non-Sequitur

Pronunciation: 'nän-'se-kw&-t&r also -"tur
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, it does not follow
1 : an inference that does not follow from the premises; specifically : a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent
2 : a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said
3 : a really funny and clever comic strip.


EVERYONE BLOGS! It's a fad, it's a trend, it's the live memoirs of the information age. But sometimes, a lot of times, its filled with crap.

I blog because my friends and family are spreadthroughoutt the globe, and I use this medium to share my personal experiences, my exasperations, and my joyous moments. Kinda like meeting the girls for coffee, only the cafe is a data-stream spreading through the planet.

Though I have not been faced with blogger's block yet, I have found myself with too many things to share, and too little time to do it adequately. So what I end up doing is throwing some random pieces of stream of consciousness into, at times, meaningless phrases. In hopes that the people thatIi am speaking to can decipher my message.

I most say though, as cathartic as it may be to be able to vent out my feelings in a public pseudo-journal I miss the interaction and conversations that you get with actually speaking face-to-face.

What is the lesser of the evil shrinking the global village or disconnectingourselvess from some of the basic tenets ofhumana nature - companionship, physical contact. Can an online community provide the same support systems as a tangible one?

2 comments:

Themadi said...

speaking face-to-face?

that's like soo 3 minutes ago:)

lolafabiola said...

worse yet, some of us blog to find ourselves online when we can't find anyone else. some of us blog hoping that our friends are still reading. and... some of us blog because we're just plain narcissistic.