Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My whirlwind up coming weeks...

FYI - This week I have the pleasure and privilege (sarcasm duly noted I hope) of being in Jharkhand, which is roughly the Alabama of India, for work. From here I take the over-night train back to Kolkata and I have 4 hours to shower, re-pack and get back to the trains station for a 3 day train ride to Kerala. Normally going to Kerala would be exciting, but I am going for a meeting by the foundation that is funding me to be here and the town that they picked to hold it in apparently is total crap. According to Lonely Planet:

Kottayam's town center is a rather ugly mess of concrete buildings and
traffic and there is little reason to come here unless you arrive too
late for onward transport.

I mention all this, to let you know that I will probably only be doing some sporadic blogging until I get back to Cal. I definitely have some stories about Jharkhand already.

Laterz

1 comment:

Themadi said...

you are going to Kerala! u know i'm mallu, right? u know you are going to mah people!:) I have been to kottayam, I thinkkk..don't remember...hmm...but I can't imagine any place in kerala being all concrete buildings...no place i've been at least...have fun in desi alabama:)