Friday, January 13, 2006

Back Blog - The Non-Denominational Celebration of Good Tidings

The most infamous holiday party in Calcutta went off without a hitch. 50-60 of the city's most diverse and fun people got togetehr to eat, drink and exchange random gifts (my favorites included the family size bag of ramen noodles, a toilet brush, and an economy pack of sanitary napkins). I love the fact that I was responsible (with the support of Margarette and many food and drinks contributions from the attendees) for bringing together such a mixed crowd - ranging from BBC reporters, to police commisioners, NGO workers, fashion designers, French, British, Bangladeshi, the list goes on.

Which brings me to the question - Do I get around as much as it seems I do? In December alone I've had 3 separate instances of people who I was connected to, had heard of me, or I had previously met. :-)

Anyway, overall the holidays treated me nicely. I wish it could have been spent with my friends and family back home, but alas I had to be consoled with warm thoughts of you all.

Hope you are missing me as much as I am missing you.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There soooo was a Kenyan in the non-denominational whatsit! I am wounded that specific mention was not made of this.

Wanja