Sunday, January 01, 2006

Allow me a sappy moment

Let me begin by wishing you a very Happy New Year from Macau! I spent my last few hours of 2005 with my dear friends Victoria and Ameet, as we welcomed in the new year at a party in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel it struck me how truly blessed I am. I have come incredibly far from the shy, bookworm from the barrio of Dorado who was was forced to socialize with the neighborhood kids by his father and grandmother (granted one could argue that it backfired since now I am pathologically convivial).

As I look back and reminise about my life (2006 will see me turning 30 - more on that too come) it amazes me what I have been able to accomplish and experience. I have never lacked love and words cannot express how grateful I am for that (the affection, support and encouragement from all of my friends and my family is my most prized possesion). I have had the opportunity for formal education and I truly appreciate that. In 2005 alone I have seen more of the world that most people see in a lifetime (the past year saw me in Uganda, Tanzania, Egypt, India - twice, Singapore, Malaysia, Bahamas, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong and Macau), and I am incredibly thankful for it. The work that I do gives me both personal and spiritual fulfullment (and I get to paid to talk about sex - try to beat that!).

Anyway, enough emotional crap for now I most go to feast on some sumptions Macanese cuisine. Laterz!

No comments: