Thursday, July 08, 2010

Cornwall: The British Southwest

After 3 years in the UK, and barely having crossed the M25, I thought it was high time I explored my adoptive country a bit more. So using the excuse of the Mika concert at the Eden Project, Norman, Peanut, and I rented a car and headed west for the weekend.

Cornwall seems to have a unique culture, spectacular landscape and mild climate. We definitely were not in London any more. To be honest it was cute, but it's not like I am rushing to head out there again. Glad I saw, but it's been scratched off the list. Granted the ice cream was delish.

It was über-white with an underlying hint of in-bredness that reminded me too much of the U.S. rural south. And the hetero-centrist B&B (just how many times do I need to be asked about my wife?), did not add to my feelings of exclusion. Something I really did not understand was how were people splashing about on the beach (though at least it had sand and not pebbles) when the water was barely above arctic!

But weather was good, concert was grand, and it felt nice to be out of London, but not on a work trip. And Peanut love the flowers!





















No comments: