Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Back Blog: Pakistan

So these are just some random picks of Pakistan. They were hard to categorise into a distinct genre, but I thought they were fun nonetheless.

This poster made me laugh, especially if you think about the context it's in. Granted I wonder if it was developed for foreign aid workers rather than locals, since it's writen in English rather and Urdu.

So this is a roadside truck stop. Complete with roadside truck stop mosque,
truck,
and truly heinous latrines

This is a school yard in Dera Ghazi Khan, this is a weekday, day time these are the children that should be learning, instead they are lounging about, desolate, all for lack of teachers.

This truck brought a smile to my face, I have no clue who the guy is supposed to be.

Isn't this a pretty door?

One of Multan's oldest red light areas.
And this is Kasur - not much there, but some well organised gays and trannies



Peanut stowed away on my trip and decided to go out for some fresh air when we stopped at a rest stop.

1 comment:

Tony said...

That school looks sad :-(