Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mumbai, hum...

So I make it to Mumbai safe and sound and non-the-worse for wear after a great time in Delhi and Mumbai with Chirag (stories and pics to come soon). I've been staying in a hotel till i can figure out a better living situation. It's cool, I finally have TV and I have realized that Indian television is just like Hispanic TV. I guess being brown makes you have crap TV programming. I must say though the most annoying part is having commercial breaks on HBO.

Being in Mumbai has been interesting so far. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but at least the weather is fab. I didn't realize how much I miss living on the coast. Work is going to be crazy. My second day and I am already up to my eyeballs. I have a big meeting to put together for next week. At least I have an assistant that looks like he will be pretty competent. But I must say working with an office full of fags is definitely going to take some getting used to.

I hate being so unsettled, I'm really tired of living out of a suitcase. But this job is definitely going to be fun. And did I mention that the new office that we were going to set up for this project fell through because the land lord did not want to rent to "our kind of people." I'm not sure if he meant cute foreigner or bitchy gays, its a toss up.

In the meantime I leave you with a Pearls Before Swine strip, to keep you entertained until I can catch up with you properly again.

3 comments:

Florizel said...

I am excitied for you, and look forward to hearing more stories and seeing more pictures... and getting an address that I can mail things to.

miss you.

Ameet said...

Office full of fags? You mean you actually had str8 people in your DC office?

Mumbai and good weather? Gawd - how awful was Delhi? Glad you're having fun though!

Anonymous said...

I think Andy meant the weather in Mumbai is better compared to Kolkata?? Andy and Chirag managed to avoid the wonderful 40°c+ temperatures that started off on Monday in Del. Ugh.