Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Good-bye Oh Calcutta!

Last Saturday a group gathered to celebrate Dev r Nil's wonderful show in Mumbai, as well as the departures of Avo, Karan and myself from the humid bosom of Kolkata. It was a fun affair that to my admittedly jaded eye lack the certain joie de vivre which marks most of our other festivities. I can't speak for Avo and Karan, we are all leaving for different reasons, but my move out of Cal earlier than anticipated comes with (yes is a cliché) mixed feelings. I am über-excited about the new work opportunity, but I still feel I did not get to explore all that Kolkata had to offer. So, I'm starting a new chapter before i got a chance to finish the last one.

On a brighter note, the weather in Cal is getting suffocating, and I am taking another one week holiday as I make my way to Mumbai. This weekend I will be in Delhi with Chirag who has come to India to wrestle the monster that is US immigration, and from there we will go to Ahmedabad for his sister's wedding. I'm quite excited to compare a Kannadiga wedding to a Gujurati wedding (from what I hear not that much different).

I'll be reaching Mumbai on the 23rd, to start working on the 24th and NO I do not have a place to live yet...so if you know of any cheap, temporary accommodations while I get settled in and find sometime more permanent do let me know!

Enjoy these pics from Saturday's party.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont be too sad! mumbai will be fun too... more even! and youll be closer to me! (cheezy grin!)
mwaahhh!


ryan figgy