Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Memoirs of a Road Trip - Fatehpur Sikri

(*NOTE*: It occured to me that I have nto given due credit to James and Adi for all the pictures. I am currently without a camera, long story, but all of the pics from the road trip were taken by them.)

It completely slipped my mind, that on the way to Jaipur from Agra we stopped off at Fatehpur Sikri. This is one of the most beautiful sites I've ever visited. Built during the second half of the 16th century by the Emperor Akbar, Fatehpur Sikri (the City of Victory) was the capital of the Mughal Empire for only some 10 years. The complex of monuments and temples, all in a uniform architectural style, includes one of the largest mosques in India, the Jama Masjid.

The pictures below cannot capture the wonder of the moment as Adi, James and I explored with the awe of children.




















No comments: