Friday, March 24, 2006

Lakme Fashion Week

For fashionistas in the country, the Lakme India Fashion Week spells five days of flamboyant colours, exquisite designs with some of the best designers in the country showcasing their work, and of course, a lot of glamour to go with it. Scheduled between March 28th to April 1st, at the National Centre for Performing Arts in Mumbai, this extravagant event is being organized by Lakme, a leading cosmetics brand.

And I am lucky enough to be taking part in it :-)

My friends Dev and Nil have their own label called "d. by Dev R Nil" and they got into the show under the emerging designers category. So, I get to spend the week in Mumbai helping them with the runway show, schmoozing with buyers and hopefully attending fabulous parties. Yey!

I wont be able to finish the Memoirs of a Roadtrip till I come back, but at least (hopefully) I will have some juicy Mumbai stories to tell. Have a great week everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you :)

I eagerly await the juicy Mumbai stories. Hello to Ravi and lots of love to Alana and Ryan!

xx

Anonymous said...

OMG, I totally had dinner with you the other night in Mumbai! It was great! Just so you know, I will be reading your blog from this point forward... beware.

Florizel said...

You go to bombay and you end up moving to bombay...

Is it that much better than calcutta? Deeply Discounted, can't be upgraded, tickets from TLH to BOM or only $1,950...I am putting money aside....