Sunday, December 30, 2007

Chapters

I always find it interesting when things don't turn out how you plan, but they still come out good, or sometimes better than originally anticipated.

That's has been the running theme of my life. I like to plan. I like to make lists and have a detailed idea of what I'm doing or where I'm going. But still I have rarely ended up where I thought I would.

That's why I focus more on the journey.

2007 was a hell of a wild wide. NOTHING went as planned, yet it was one of the most interesting years of my life and I am ending it in a better place than I thought I ever would be.

For that I need to thank my friends and family that have always been there, loving me unconditionally, encouraging me when I'm afraid of making choices, supporting me I don't feel like going further.

My relationship with Anthony, one that started from friendship, has blossomed to be one of the best things that has happened to me. I have found someone that complements my weaknesses, while enhancing my strenghts.

My new job is going to be full of challenges and learnings, allowing me to truly grow professionally.

My new city, London, is one of the most exciting and dynamic places in the world.

My family continues, to provide joy and amusement, and like my friends I don't see enough of them.

And to all my dear friends who I think of often, but then get to see much of, I await the day until we can chat, laugh, and rejoice face-to-face again. Until then thanks to the magic of telecommunications for making connecting to those far and wide easier.

Not bad for someone who started out the year in the hospital thinking we would be horribly disfigured for life :-)

Wishing you all a prosperous and joyful new year.

6 comments:

Tony said...

*blush* SO glad to have you in my life :-)

Florizel said...

Happy New Year. Hope to see you all soon.

Manu said...

See you soon in 2008!! :) x

Castle of Stink said...

Happy New Year!

Kumar Anshul said...

Happy New Year, Andy. Your observation "journey is more important and enjoyable than destination" is so true a realisation. I can vouch for it, even though I have seen less places and am younger.

Hope the new year, new job, new city and new relationship brings to you the best life has to offer.

Ameet said...

Not a bad year indeed!! Hope 2008 is just as fabulous!