Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cape Town Bound

Yey! The much awaited and fought for trip is finally here!! South African Airways Flight 251 FINALLY took me to Cape Town, South Africa.

I landed on Sunday at 12:30PM, after a 9 hour flight from BOM-JNB, with a 3 hour lay-over in JNB. The rest of the day was spent chilling with Chris and Dave and the rest of their posse. Meeting new people that came, and catching up with others I hadn't seen in a long time.

Capetown is such a beautiful place. Up to know I have visited Ghana in West Africa, Uganda and Tanzania in East Africa, and Egypt in North Africa. And Cape Town DOES NOT feel like Africa. I was warned about it before I got here, but it truly did take seeing for believing.

Now that I know where I can get a net connection I'll try to post some pics in the coming days.

~~~~~~

PS: Being the control queen that he is Anthony decided to hoard all of the Kashmir pics and post them on his blog (personally i think he's jealous that I get more traffic that he does and he wanted to boost his numbers).

So anyway to see pics of the Srinagar weekend go to: http://ionlyflyfirst.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

SouthAfrica said...

Welcome to my town, hope you had a good flight to Cape Town and got through the SAA-ACSA part of the trip unscathed! Here's a website about Cape Town.