Monday, February 02, 2009

Yey! Snow Day!

Something I miss about DC life is good snow day. Sometimes it is cold and miserable outside and you just don't feel like dealing with it, so the god's provide you an excuse in the "Snow Day."

A day when mother nature says, 'it's ok dear, stay in today'.

Well, London sucks for its lack of snow. It is cold. It is miserable. It is wet. But alas it does not snow. Normally.

Last night however, we got blanketed with snow. The whole of England is swathed in pure white snow. What that means for London is that everything comes to a grinding halt because frankly it happens so rarely that systems can't handle it.

Yey for me! I physically cannot get into work today.

The trains are suspended, the bus is not running, hurray!

Now I wished I had grocery shopped this weekend so I would have food at home. Darn :-(

View from the front

The Back Garden

3 comments:

Ameet said...

Fun! You can amuse yourself by watching the BMWs slide down the hills.

Tony said...

I told you you should have gone to the store earlier. Wish I had been there to make snowmen with you :-(

Tristan said...

Winter looks much better with a fresh layer of snow. It hides the ugly dead bits.