Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sometimes it's just not worth getting out of bed


Today was not a good day to get out of bed.

It started out with getting stopped by the police for a "random" stop and search of citizens for potential threats. Under the auspices of the Terrorism Act of 2000, police can stop potential suspects or random individuals without cause.

I am not sure which one I am, however considering I have been stopped twice now for the same reason, I begin to question the whole randomness of the selection process. I personally think they are just going for brown males.

However, they really do need to be a bit more selective.

Honestly, do I look like a terrorist!? I carry a purple satchel for goodness sake. How many terrorist would put a bomb in a purple Crumpler? And if they are searching for weapons, again they are kinda missing the boat. I guess I should be grateful that they think I look butch enough to carry a knife (gun crime is low in the UK, here people just stab each other), but as my father would say "I'm not exactly He-Man, now am I?"

These cops really do need to fine-tune their detective skills a bit.

Moving on to the rest of my day - it was crap. Work is sucky hectic at the moment - long, long days in preparation for a couple of trainings I am doing in Pakistan.

And then to end the day I loose my phone on the train home :-(

Yep, should have stayed in bed today.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Maybe the just fancy you?!

dit said...

You poor thing. I live in the US. We do not (yet) have these type of police stops. I agree, you twice? Does not at all sound "random."

Sorry you lost your phone. Hope tomorrow is better.

CKC123 said...

Hey you, sorry about your day and your phone. Ugh. Hope it's better now.

Ameet said...

Awww - I'm so sorry. That sounds like a crapola day.