Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Countdown Begins

So there are like 26 more days before I leave India. Wow! How did that happened?

By the time I move out, I would have been living in India for 20 months (8 in Kolkata and 12 in Mumbai). Honestly, I'm really glad I did this. It has been one of the most rewarding and enriching things I have ever done. But now I have to deal with the fact that I have no job and no money. Hum, so not cute.

I started looking for jobs, but it's not looking too hopeful yet. I originally wanted to try my luck in Thailand, but I'm really not finding anything, so now I'm not limiting myself to any particular locale. All I want is a job that will satisfy me, whatever that means.

I've actually realized, that jobs for my level are pretty tough to come-by. I'm too experienced for entry-level and still a few years away from being Senior. Hum, where does that leave me?

Oh, well in the meantime I'm just looking forward to being home. April 28 is just around the corner!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have made amazing choices so far. I am sure the next one will be equally inspired. XOXOX. Come home to me.

CKC123 said...

We'll see you her soon and things have a strange way of just working out sometimes.

By the way, work is highly overrated, it gets in the way of your social life.

kisses.

Ameet said...

Enjoy your downtime - there's always work to be found. See you soon!

Tony said...

Mmm .... 10 + 8 = 20? How do you figure that! Nevertheless, glad you've had such a great time there. And a BIG thank you for letting me share some of it around India with you :-)

Tony said...

Mmm ... me thinks you went and quietly changed the sums on your first posting ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that day is coming... So much has happened to you in the last 20 months, or you make things happen...

Florizel said...

I still don't know why you are giving up on the 3rd world (India).... but I see you in Geneva.... WHO here you come....