Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Birds of a feather

So today I finally saw something that I did not think I would ever see. A pigeon nest! I know they roost everywhere, because pigeons are like roaches with feathers (hate the nasty vermin), but up to know no matter how hard I looked I had never actually seen a pigeon nest with babies.

I was starting to think that they were actually cloned in a lab in order to spread disease and poop. Or maybe they reproduced through mitosis. But now I can actually say that they pigeon chicks are ugly!

For the most part in nature animal babies are cute regardless of how ugly the adult is (except in the human species, which has an uncanny ability to be hit or miss with attractive children – I always feel bad for the parents of ugly children. Do you think they notice it when they have bred Quasimodos?). But now that I have seen baby chickens…damn they were really gross. Hum, who would have thought?

At least it made me smile. It is something else I can scratch of my “Been There, Done That!” list.

No comments: