Friday, July 21, 2006

Why is working with gay men like herding cats!?

So for the past two days (out of three) I have been facilitating a workshop on Advocacy for the Indian Network for Sexual Minorities, and I swear that I had to deal with more sexual harassment, immature behavior, and downright bitchiness than an elementary school teacher.

To me its ridiculous that a group of adults, of PROFESSIONAL adults at that, would behave in such manner. Why do we always have to continue to undermine our peers and make ourselves feel better by putting down others!?

Am I asking too much by thinking that we as an LGBT community (and yes while I am working and living in India I count myself in that we!) can actually be supportive of each other, and nurture each other's strengths, an actually seek to learn from each other!?

Why must development always have to feel so freaking territorial!? Why must be "friends" with one group mean being enemies of another!?

And why the do I have to raise my voice for a group of grown-ups to fucking pay attention!? UGH!!

2 comments:

Ameet said...

I thought you loved herding cats :P

Manu said...

Do they have it all filmed?? I would love to see you playing the good shepherd. :)