Friday, January 21, 2011

Backblog: European vacation 2010

So after putting up my winter vacation pictures, I realised that I never put up my summer ones. And that is just not cool.

Having a July birthday means that I must take a vacation every summer, lucky for me last year it coincided with the International AIDS Conference in Vienna, and since I had never been to that part of the world (for the most part) I decided to make it into an exploratory trip into Central/Eastern Europe – a part of Europe I have always been afraid to visit (let’s be honest their history with the ‘melanin-endowed’ has been less than stellar).

Even luckier for me Prasad was willing to come along (as if he would ever pass up the chance at a trip).

We ended up cramming 5 cities (Vienna, Bratislava, Salzburg, Prague, Budapest) in 4 countries (Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary) over 10 days. It was daunting, but it proved doable thanks mostly to the fact that Europe is tiny and everything is close by, everything is accessible by trains, and we were not too ambitions in what we actually hope to accomplish in our limited time in each city.

Highlights included:

• Spending quality time with Prasad
• Meeting Chris and Brian
• Classical concert in Salzburg
• Travelling by train during the day to see the country side rolling by
• Catching-up with Wanja, Kent, & Qasim in Vienna, and Neil in Prague
• Budapest as a whole
• Sacher Torte! (you must say it with a Teutonic accent)

European Vacation 2010

1 comment:

Karolina , Krystyna , Klara ♥ said...

. Very nice blog ... ;))
Best wishes and I hope that you'll visit my blog and leave a comment;))