Sunday, August 02, 2009

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster

Well 3 actually.

I'm in a middle of a quickie Asian tour for work (if you count a couple of days in Nepal and a couple of days Thailand as an "Asian Tour").

The fabulous Tony is letting me crash at his place while I'm here for my meetings. I've spent the day shopping, which is what one does in Bangkok, and like Manu (who I missed by a day!), the humidity got the better of me also.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go for a massage and a facial or bask in the wonder that is A/C.

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

SusanandLorenzo said...

The monks studying in Bangkok aren't allowed to cook for themselves in the morning for some reason and most don't eat after 12. So it's custom and considered good karma to provide/offer one a meal in the morning. They in turn sit with you and talk. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but on the other hand, how many times can you say you shared your morning brunch with a real life Buddhist monk. I felt like Eddie Murphy in the movie "The Golden Child." Lorenzo

sonia said...

When are you coming to India/???