Monday, August 11, 2008

Mexico City

So last week, I was rather tied up with the conference and what not, which made it kinda hard to blog. But, this week I am on holiday and can take a more relaxed approach to the recounting of my Mexican saga.

First off, let me point out that I am staying with my friend David, whom I met when we were both working in India (him for private, me for non-profit). Being spics in India, really made for a bonding moment, and we have remained friends since. And in true Latin fashion, when I told him I was going to Mexico City he insisted I stay in his house with his family. "Mi casa es su casa" after all.

He lives in Tlalnepantla, which is located about 5 miles (10 km) northwest of Mexico City (See Map), in the State of Mexico


View Larger Map

Latin hospitality rocks. David had a last minute business trip, which meant he would not be in Mexico City when I arrived. So it was left to his brother to pick my up and for his family to welcome me. Having arrived Wednesday, 30 July, by Thursday I was already adopted and they invited me to join them on the family trip to the beach in Veracruz the following weekend.

Thursday and Friday I worked :-( but on Saturday I joined the Anti-homophobia march (pics to come). :-)

1 comment:

Tony said...

Glad you're having a great time :-)