Monday, March 03, 2008

Care Packages Rock!

Alan picked up on my subtle hints craving for Peeps and he was a total doll and sent me like 6 boxes of the sugarcoated darlings. Yey! BUT he also sent me southern treat, a jar of green pepper jelly - which I have not had since my days of living in Tallahassee – it’s piquant flavour bringing back many fond memories. AND he also sent me an incredibly fun Peeps book! For those of you who claim to not even know what Peeps are – they have a whole book, how can they be unknown!?

My deepest appreciation to Alan’s thoughtful generosity.

And peeps make a delicious addition to hot chocolate!
Except it's really sad when they start to melt in and turn into a gooey blob



At the same time my father surprised me by sending me one of my old photo albums - of my first trip to the UK 12 years ago, when I was naïve, young and untraveled. Sweet, sweet memories.

Thank you so much dad for your caring foresight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do LOVE PEEPS!!! Congrats on the care package.

Florizel said...

I am glad you got your package... I don't know how you eat those things, but if you like'em and can't get'em I will be glad to send you more next year.

On the other hand, the pepper jelly, that is some goodness! Happy Easter! Thanks for the call, sorry I missed it.