Sunday, November 11, 2007

Like Lazarus from the pit

It's amazing how easily how one's life can get off track. I've been on a holding pattern for the better part of 6 months, but it looks like things are finally settling down.

So I am now a resident of the UK, working at an NGO in London. Interact Worlwide promises to be a really good place to work in, and my new postion as Programme Manager - Asia should be quite a rewarding challenge for me.

So let's take stock. After two years in India (a damn cheap place to live in) I'm now in London (a damn expensive place to live in), but I have a new job, a new love, and a new perspective on life. So all in all I can't complain. Granted six months of unemployment after 2 years of earning rupees is a bit of a bitch, and did I mention my work clothes that have been in storage in PR for the past two years a bit tight on me now. That's just not cute.

So, I finally have rejoined the cyber world and will be more regular with this little online journal of mine. Especially since I actually regained my sense of life and purpose (and the fact that on Tuesday I'm flying to Pakistan for work).

So, no more slouching, no more being a drain on Bank of Dad, no more slowly over eating myself to oblivion.

5 comments:

Tony said...

Welcome to London :-)

Ameet said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

yippee! I'm glad you are back. I've missed you.

Castle of Stink said...

Welcome back!

Manu said...

Bank of Dad.. haha I just love that one! :)