Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Things that I miss from back home...But really don't make a difference in the end

-Office Depot. YOU try finding index cards in this country.

-Solid/Stick Anti-perspirant. You can find stick deodorant (NOT anti-perspirant) and there is spray anti-perspirant (which I had never used before).

-Not having to haggle at market. Sometimes you just want to pick up your tomatoes and go with out being gouged simply for being a foreigner.

-Not having to go to the market! I miss giant, all-encompassing grocery stores :-p

-Cleaner air. I must say that I think Indian was absent during the ratification of the Kyoto Protocols.

-Internet at home. I have access at work. But I don't always get a lot of personal net time, because work gets in the way!

-Better income! I'm not starving or living on the streets, but my standard of living has definitely dropped down a notch.

-Good desserts. Been totally craving cheesecake! India does have sweets. And there are places that have western desserts. But they are just not the same.

-Having an oven and a full stove and all of my kitchen equipment (from my blender down to my calphalon pots). Cooking it's just not the same.

-I miss my favorite restaurants, dishes. I miss the food a lot.

And in the "They DO make a difference" category:

-The weekly Sunday calls with my family. I miss hearing your voices.

-My friends. I cannot convey how much I miss our talks, hanging out, late nights, good times, bad times.

1 comment:

ekGreer said...

alright alright, I get it. index cards and anti-perspirant will be on the way when I get home. Cant help you with the tomatoes though.
Love the pictures!