Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Whoa Horsey!!!

It has been one long ride for the past few months and i am totally behind on my post. I finally do have my camera back so I'll be doing some back-blogging on Kerala and such as well as trying to finish my pics of the road trip. In the mean time let me tell you about Mumbai.

Never one to seat on my ass bored I go out and find things to keep me entertained. Fashion week in Mumbai was definitely on top of the list of exciting activities. But it definitely turned out to be more than I bargained for (don't you just hate apt clichés). Point is that during the week in Mumbai, I was offered a job (which I accepted), hob-nob with stars, danced with super models, got diarrhea, got a cold, schmoozed with international buyers, flirted with fashion designers, joked around with news reporters, worked back stage at a fashion show (with NO wardrobe malfucntions thank you very much), and spend some quality time with friends. All in the name of fun!

Honestly participating in fashion week was a blast, but it was more work than I thought. Long days (titll 9pm!) followed by parties (open bars and food buffets does get old after week of them) day after day is actually very exhausting and the business of fashion is not for the weak let me tell you, its cut throat its bitchy its decadent and wasteful. Still I guess its not a bad way to make a living. And the wardrobes malfucntions on the runway were way cool!

But I guess the surprise of the week happened with my unexpected job offer :-) I was totally flattered and excited. After spending sometime in Bombay I do think it will be a fun city to live in. The NYC of India will definitely get some getting used to, but the weather is nicer, and if not for the crippling rent prices, one may actually be able to carve out a nice living for themselves there. Let's see.

No comments: